START A CLUB
Got a great idea for a new Guild club?
For a new club or society to be considered, it must:
- Be wholly run by Curtin students, for the benefit of Curtin students;
- Enhance the student experience;
- Demonstrate sufficient student demand for its formation; and
- Cater to a specific topic, group, or interest that is not adequately represented by an existing club.
Clubs who successfully register with the Guild have access a bunch of great entitlements including;
If you’re an established club looking to renew, submit a Club Renewal instead.
New Club Application Process
1. Get Interest
Before you submit a New Club Application Form you will need to:
- Read the Clubs Charter to understand full registration requirements
- Hold your first meeting. Decide on a name, description, objectives, and choose your committee roles. Make sure you take meeting minutes!
- Secure 10 founding members (must all be Curtin students), and compile their details into a spreadsheet
- Complete the Club Committee List Spreadsheet to provide details for your four office bearers
2. Lodge an Application
Lodge your New Club Application Form and allow four weeks for processing.
This may be slightly longer in peak periods (January - March).
The Clubs Officer and Guild Executive Committee will review your club's expression of interest, and you'll be advised of the outcome via email. All club approvals and rejections are ultimately subject to the discretion of the Guild Executive Council.
If accepted, your club will be placed on 'pre-approval' status and you can then complete your registration!
Semester One 2022
29 November 2021 – 25 March 2022
Semester Two 2022
20 June 2022 – 19 August 2022
If you have missed the registration deadline, you will need to apply in the following registration period.
3. Complete your Registration
Pre-approved clubs will then have 28 days to complete a Secondary Form to provide additional required operational information, including:
- club bank account details
- club email address
- undertake food safety training
- create social media accounts
- club logo (not mandatory but recommended)
- ABN details (mandatory if charging a membership fee) - ABN registration guidelines can be found HERE
Once the Secondary Form has been completely properly and returned, your club will obtain full approval.
This will be communicated via email and your club will be added to the official club listing on the Guild website.
You will now have access to all club entitlements, resources, and support.
Reach out to the Clubs Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions.