START A CLUB
Got a great idea for a new Guild club?
For a new club or society to be considered, it must:
- Be wholly run by Curtin students, for the benefit of Curtin students;
- Enhance the student experience;
- Demonstrate sufficient student demand for its formation; and
- Cater to a specific topic, group, or interest that is not adequately represented by an existing club.
Clubs who successfully register with the Guild have access a bunch of great entitlements including;
If you’re an established club looking to renew, submit a Club Renewal instead.
New Club Application Process
1. Get Interest
Before you submit a New Club Application Form you will need to:
- Read the Clubs Charter to understand full registration requirements
- Hold your first meeting. Decide on a name, description, objectives, and choose your committee roles. Make sure you take meeting minutes!
- Secure 10 founding members (must all be Curtin students), and compile their details into a spreadsheet
- Complete the Club Committee List Spreadsheet to provide details for your four office bearers
2. Lodge an Application
Lodge your New Club Application Form and allow four weeks for processing.
The Clubs Officer and Guild Executive Committee will review your club's expression of interest, and you'll be advised of the outcome via email. All club approvals and rejections are ultimately subject to the discretion of the Guild Executive Council.
If accepted, your club will be placed on 'pre-approval' status and you can then finalise your registration!
Semester One 2023
14 November 2022 – 24 March 2023
Semester Two 2023
19 June 2023 - 18 August 2023
If you have missed the registration deadline, you will need to apply in the following registration period.
3. If Approved: Finalised your Registration
If your expression of interest is successful, your club will progress to "pre-approved" status. Pre approved clubs have 28 days from the notice of their pre-approval to finalise your registration requirements. These requirements will be outlined in more detail with your pre-approval email, and will include the following:
- Admin access to the Guild's club software management system, TidyHQ where you will set up your web page, memberships form, record finances, and more.
- Establish a club bank account in the name of the club
- Establish a central club email address in the name of the club
- Set up club social media platforms (if desired)
- Set up a club website (if desired)
- Create a club logo (if desired)
When you have finalised your registration tasks, you'll receive a confirmation notification and your club will be added to the official club listing on the Guild website.
You will now have access to all club entitlements, club support, resources.
Reach out to the Clubs Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions.