The annual Curtin Student Guild Club Awards aim to recognise the achievements of clubs that have been particularly active in enhancing and enriching campus life at Curtin University.
Winners have demonstrated an extremely high level of engagement with their members and the wider Curtin community, by facilitating a diverse range of events, projects and/or initiatives throughout the year.
Past Award Winners
Congratulations to our previous Club Award winners! The winner for each category receives a direct cash grant to assist with future club events, projects, and initiatives, at the discretion of the club committee.
Club Awards 2021
People’s Choice Award
Curtin Illustration Club
Best New Club 2021
Curtin Mechanical Society
Most Improved Club 2021
Women in Business Curtin
Best Club Event 2021 (dual winners)
Curtin Engineers Club for “Beers on the Lawn”
Curtin Filipino Students’ Society for “Tiangge”
Club of the Year 2021
Curtin Filipino Students’ Society
2022 Award Ceremony
All clubs are invited to RSVP for this year's event to celebrate their contribution to the student experience.
7 October 2022
4pm - 8pm
This will be more accessible to all clubs & Curtin stakeholders supporting clubs as the awards have been announced at the Guild Ball in previous years.
2022 Award Categories
2022 nominations for the below categories are NOW OPEN.
Midnight, Sunday 2 October 2022
Self-Nominated by Clubs
These awards must be nominated by a current club committee member from the club in question. Please read eligibility criteria before submitting your nomination.
- Best New Club - $350
- Most Improved Club - $350
- Best Club Event - $350
- Club of the Year - $600
- Special Mentions / Runner-ups - Additional Function Pack for 2023*
*New and Improved Function Packs will be awarded to those deserving of a special mention/runner-ups from the above categories. The function packs will be elegible for use in 2023.
Curtin Community Nominated
People's Choice Award nominations are welcomed by any member of the Curtin community. This includes faculty members and teaching staff, general staff and associates, fellow clubs, club members, and general Curtin students.
- People's Choice Award - Prize $300
Please read eligibility criteria before promoting this further.
And spare 5 minutes to add the below nomination link to your tidyHQ website following these intructions.
Midnight, Sunday 2 October 2022
These awards are judged internally by a Guild staff panel or as a result of a challenge won at the Award Ceremony itself. No nominations are required.
- Best Three O-Day Semester Two Stalls - $100
- Award Ceremony Game Challenges - $100 each challenge
Please read criteria before submitting your nomination.
Clubs may nominate for multiple categories if eligible. Eligibility criteria as follows:
- Club must be registered in full with the Curtin Student Guild in 2022.
- Club must have conducted themselves to a high standard throughout the year (i.e. respectful interactions, both online and in person, with Guild and University staff, members, students, community, etc.).
- Club must represent the Guild and the University in a positive light.
- Club will be ineligible if the Guild is aware of any substantiated complaint or allegation of misconduct made against them in 2022.
- Club will be ineligible if the Guild has directly observed inappropriate/poor behaviour or compliance breach(es) by anyone authorised to act on behalf of the club in 2022.
- 'Best New Club' specific additional criteria: club must have registered with the Guild for the first time in 2021 or 2022.
- 'Most Improved Club' specific additional criteria:
- Club must have been registered with the Guild for at least 24 consecutive months at the time of nomination
- Club must have demonstrated measurable improvements in the club’s key performance indicators (KPIs) from 2021 to 2022.
- KPIs that will be looked at include:
- membership numbers;
- number of events (including online), initiatives, and/or programs run;
- attendance / engagement figures for events / programs / online initiatives;
- engagement with Guild-facilitated opportunities; meetings and/or events;
- digital engagement and social media statistics;
- 'Club of the Year' specific additional criteria:
- Club must have had at least one representative attend Club Induction Training in 2022,
- Club must have had at least one representative attend at least one Clubs & Societies meeting in 2022
- Club must have run a stall at both O Days in 2022 (Sem 1 & Sem 2).
All awards - except the People's Choice Award or Guild nominated awards - must be nominated by a current club committee member from the club in question. People's Choice Award nominations are welcomed by any member of the Curtin community. This includes faculty members and teaching staff , general staff and associates, fellow clubs, club members, and general Curtin students.