COVID 19 – Club Communication no.11
3 May 2021
Commencing 6pm, Saturday 1st May, the State Government has announced eased transitional restrictions for the Perth and Peel region. The below measures will apply from 6pm Saturday, May 1 until 12.01am Saturday, May 8.
Full information about the restrictions applicable during the transition period can be found HERE. Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the restrictions and act accordingly.
Club and Guild operations will be affected as follows from 6pm May 1 until 12:01am May 8:
- In-person classes and other on-campus activities can resume, with all on-campus events and gatherings to be capped at 100 attendees.
- Venue capacities on campus will return to 2sqm per person, as per pre-lockdown conditions.
- Masks are mandatory at all times, except when eating, drinking, or teaching, or if you fall into one of the exemption categories outlined HERE.
- Do not come on to campus if you are unwell or waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test. Any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 must be reported to Curtin’s Safer Community Team immediately on 9266 4444.
- Club venue bookings for this period can resume, however attendance is currently limited to 100 attendees. Approved club bookings for this period can proceed provided the 100-person capacity limit is not exceeded
- All Guild outlets and venues, including Guild Reception (106F), will reopen in accordance with pre-lockdown opening hours.
- All campus users must continue to scan in or sign contact registers wherever the SafeWA QR code is displayed on campus, including in Guild outlets and venues. It is more important than ever not to become complacent about this.
For further queries, clarification, or advice around implementing the above with regard to any of your club’s activities, events, and general operations, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that all of the information provided above is subject to change in accordance with updated government advice and/or Curtin University protocols.
We thank you for your patience & understanding. Please take care and stay safe.
~ Curtin Student Guild