CLUB GRANTS & PERKS
There are a bunch of awesome grants and funding available to you as a Guild-registered club!
Club Function Packs & BBQs
In 2023, new packs have been designed to suit all clubs. We've got various sized barbeque packs, a larger catering menu, specialised options for professional or social events & various event activation packages to be held in the Tav or takeaway.
Function Pack Term & Conditions
Before booking, check out the Function Pack Menu.
If you're selecting a BBQ pack, carefully consider which location you'd like to book below.
Guild BBQ - 106F (recommended)
This area is highly recommended due to heavy foot traffic, ease of set-up and the following:
- Guild-controlled area means instant bookings can be made
- Close proximity to the Guild precinct where equipment is stored.
- Closer access to the kitchen for clean-up.
- Booking Notice Requirement:Choose a date at least one week head of time for food orders.
Curtin's BBQ - 215 or 303
You will need to factor in more time and more people to assist to:
- Collect BBQ equipment, trestle tables, safety gear & utensils from Guild reception & travel across campus to your destination.
- Collect your food order from the kitchen on the way.
- Clean your equipment & utensils in the 106D student kitchen on the way back.
- Return your equipment to Guild Reception at 106F.
- Booking Notice Requirement:Two weeks to allow for food order confirmation & Curtin to approve the BBQ booking.
Guild-affiliated clubs are able to apply for funding annually toward events , activities, promotional material, projects, merchandise, signage & more.
Event Grant (on-campus events)
For on-campus events only. The University has provided the Guild an additional funding allocation for 2023, designed to activate Curtin Bentley Campus knowing the best way to do that is through Guild clubs. This funding is in addition to all Guild grants & perks but may only be used toward on-campus events and the following criteria:
- Maximum grant value of $400 per club. While funds last & available until total grant allocation has been reached.
- Must be used for a club-run event/s held in 2023.
- Each separate event requires a separate grant application.
- Event/s must be run on-campus.
- Event/s to be promoted as a way to
- introduce new students to your club,
- promote more engaged members,and
- show members that your club is active on campus.
- Club must submit an event budget / expense breakdown within this form, showing approximate / expected event costs.
- Any underspend of 20% or more below the actual grant amount awarded, must be paid back to the Guild post-event.
- Club must submit a post event acquittal.
Guild Sponsorship Grant
The Guild offer clubs $1500 in funding for 2023 toward events (on or off-campus), activities, promotional material, projects, merchandise, signage and more. This is in addition to the on-campus Event Grant.
- Maximum grant value of $1500 per club, while funds last & only available until total grant allocation has been reached.
- Must be used for a club-run event/s held in 2023.
- Grant is cumulative / progressive, and need not be claimed in a single lump sum.
- Minimum amount to be requested is $100 per application.
- Funding must be tied to a specific significant event or project, OR, if for equipment, the club must demonstrate that such equipment is directly linked to the club’s core objectives, and will be regularly accessible by the majority of the club’s members.
- Each separate event / project / proposal requires a separate grant application.
- Funding is not available for use on minor or incidental costs, nor is it a guaranteed annual allocation of funds available to every club.
- The event, activity, project, program, or equipment toward which the funding will be applied must be of benefit to the wider club membership base, and must be in keeping with club’s core objectives.
Ineligible Sponsorship Expenditure Requests
- Events, campaigns, and promotional items related to political parties
- Conference registration fees
- Petty cash / incidental expenses.
- Accommodation or flights
- Camps or retreats
- Gifts for presenters or guests (this does not include formal presenter fees / contracts)
Additional Term & Conditions
All grants require a submission of a grant acquittal, post-event or post-purchase and will require the following info:
- Attendance numbers
- Event/s summary & photos
- Promotional material used
- Proof of purchase showing final actual event spend (i.e. receipts / invoices)
- Each separate event requires a separate acquittal
Two $5 club vouchers are available for all Curtin students to collect from the Guild and can be used to score a discount when joining your club.
How do students obtain the club vouchers?
Instruct your potential members to:
- Visit a Guild booth around campus (during O-Week) or Guild Reception (after O-week) with their student ID to receive two club vouchers.
If students also want Guild discounts at Guild Cafes, The Lab, The Tav and Gmart, then you can advise them that they can activate their discount in their own time.
How does it work?
Funds will be transferred directly into your club bank account within 1 - 3 weeks from receiving the vouchers. We'll reimburse you $5 for each voucher you return to us, straight into your club bank account.
*Please note that we will use the bank account you have listed in TidyHQ upon affiliation/renewal, so make sure you update this if anything has changed AND send us an alert that it has been updated. If you've listed the wrong bank details, we are unable to reissue any lost funds.
How do you get paid?
Put the completed club vouchers in an envelope.
Each voucher must be clearly labelled with your club name and a student ID.
Submit the envelope containing your vouchers either by post or in-person:
- Post: Address the letter to Clubs Officer, Curtin Student Guild, Building 106F Curtin University, Bentley 6102 WA.
- In-person: Deliver your envelope to Guild Reception (Building 106F) between Monday to Friday, 9am - 4pm (excluding public holidays).
Submit an online lodgement form so that we know it's on the way or has been dropped-off. This is your lodgement receipt.
Free Equipment Hire
Clubs are able to loan Guild-owned equipment free of charge for use on campus!
Need somewhere to store your regularly used club equipment? Located in the 106 Guild precinct. Access is available on weekdays only 7am – 7pm as the courtyard roller doors lock-down. We recommend that you only store your heavily used or valuable items here.
Space allocation is assessed on a case-by case basis in order to cater to our 100+ clubs.
Want to store something? Shoot us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9266 2927 with:
- Your club name (avoid acronyms please).
- Details of what you’d like to store, rough dimensions and a picture (if emailing) for reference.
- Identify any highly valuable items as we may allocate you a locker instead of shelf space.
Once a space has been allocated , we’ll provide swipe card access to your nominated committee members student cards.
If you can't find what you're after, please email the Clubs Officer via email@example.com.