LOAN LAPTOP PROGRAM
Student Assist’s Loan Laptop Program is here to support students who may find themselves without access to a laptop or home computer due to unexpected circumstances.
Laptops are available for loan for emergency situations where you are unable to access a computer.
The laptops are simple and come with instructions to help you get started. The maximum loan period is 14 days*.
This program is only available to students studying at the Perth (Bentley campus). Read full Terms and Conditions before applying.
TL Robertson Library
The TL Robertson Library (Building 105) has a number of PCs, Macs, and laptops available for student use. Visit the Library website for more information about resources available.
The Abacus labs are Open Access Computer Labs that you can use 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
There are three labs on campus in Buildings 303, 408 and 501.
Each computer contains a wide range of software including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud. To access the labs after hours you’ll need to swipe your ID card at the sensor next to each door.
Visit the Curtin website for more information
Loan Laptop Program - Terms and Conditions
- The laptop and equipment are the property of Student Assist, Curtin Student Guild and are loaned to you free of charge for the duration indicated below.
- You will not loan/rent the laptop to any third party.
- You agree to return all equipment on or before the date indicated in the same condition as when it was loaned.
- You will report any hardware/software issues immediately to the Curtin Student Guild Reception on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The borrower is responsible and liable for the equipment that is borrowed from Student Assist, Curtin Student Guild. This liability includes replacement and repair costs associated with equipment loss or damage.
- You will not use the computer for any illegal activities, including by not limited to; downloading pirated/copyrighted material, or to access explicit content.
- You will not access and/or modify the laptop hardware or firmware.
- When accessing Curtin University WiFi networks, you must conform with Curtin University’s ICT usage guidelines.
- Curtin Student Guild is not responsible for any data loss which occurs during the course of the loan.
- Curtin Student Guild is not responsible for any user accounts of any personal details saved or accessed on the device.
- Please note that all data will be deleted from the laptop when it is returned to the Curtin Student Guild.
- Please ensure you backup or copy your data from the laptop as you will not be able to retrieve data after the laptop is returned to the Curtin Student Guild.
Maximum loan period is 14 days from when the laptop is picked up.
If you wish to extend the period of the loan, please contact Student Assist, Curtin Student Guild before the laptop is due to be returned – email@example.com or 9266 2900