Curtin Student Guild Childcare Grant designed to assist Curtin students who have demonstrated that financial hardship has prevented access to childcare while attending class, practicums, exams, supervisor meeting etc.
This is a Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) funded program.
Essential Requirements and Eligibility
- Currently enrolled Curtin student
- Able to demonstrate that student or family are on a low income (for example, student or family receive or fit the requirements of a means tested Centrelink payment)
- Primary carer for a child under the age of 12
- Have an unexpected need to access childcare services in order to satisfactorily meet the current study commitments.
The Grant can only be used to purchase childcare services supplied by an Australian Government Dept. of Human Services approved provider.
Curtin Student Guild reserves the right to change the eligibility criteria at any time.
Before you begin
Please have the following documents ready before proceeding with your application:
- Confirmation of Enrolment
- Registration number of Childcare provider
- Must provide three months bank statements/transactions
- Centrelink payments for domestic students
- Two recent work payslips
- Scholarship confirmation letter (if applicable)
- Other income statements (outstanding bills/ tenancy agreement)
Student Assist is the free support and advocacy service of the Curtin Student Guild.
Our officers are unbiased, confidential, and—most importantly— run by the Guild, therefore completely independent of Curtin University
Please include your name, student number, course of study and a description of your query.
Phone: (08) 9266 2900
Free call: 1800 063 865
Building 106F, Curtin University
Monday to Friday, 9am - 4pm
Students at the Kalgoorlie WASM campus are welcome to contact us.