Each Guild-registered club is able to apply for up to $1500 annually in potential Guild sponsorship towards a significant event or initiative that clearly benefits the club’s members and/or students in general. This $1500 can be applied for in one lump sum, or in increments throughout the year (the Guild Clubs Officer will keep a record of your progressive spend).
GRANT STRUCTURE & PURPOSE
Guild club sponsorship is designed to fund or subsidise projects, events, and programs that are significant
Club sponsorship is not available for use on minor or incidental costs, nor is it a guaranteed annual allocation of funds available to every club. To be considered for sponsorship, a club must demonstrate a specific need for the sponsorship, provide evidence of how it will benefit their members, and outline specific club objectives and outcomes that will be met should the sponsorship be awarded. The onus is on the club to make a strong case for why their grant application is a beneficial use of Guild funding, and show how it provides the maximum possible benefit to your members.
The Guild has a finite and limited annual total sponsorship pool available to clubs, therefore funds are prioritised based on providing optimal benefit to clubs and students, per dollar spent. Attaining club sponsorship from the Guild is a competitive and merit-based process, and amounts allocated are scaled based on how well sponsorship objectives are met.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE // TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All sponsorship grant applications must be submitted prior to expenditure. Applications should only be submitted if the committee is 100% committed and certain on their proposed purchases / expenditure.
- Please allow a minimum of two weeks for grants to be reviewed, and up to another week for funds to be deposited. The total turnaround time, from application being submitted to funds being received, is typically around three weeks.
- Once funds arrive in the club bank account, they should immediately be spent on their designated purpose, exactly as declared in the sponsorship form. Receipt/s must be kept on file and be readily available at the request of the Clubs Officer during audits that are conducted once per semester. The receipt/s should match the approximate amount and description of goods originally requested within the sponsorship application.
- Minimum sponsorship amount per application is $100.00.
- The sponsorship grant cannot be used to fund minor incidental purchases (i.e. snacks, stationery, small admin costs), but rather towards the accumulated costs associated with a particular event, activity, program, or project. Ongoing incidental costs should be self-funded by your club - e.g. via membership fees, independent fundraising, event profits, etc.
- The total sponsorship amount granted may vary based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to:
- Club size
- Number of students to directly benefit from the funding
- Whether the event is held on or off campus
- Whether Guild services and suppliers were used wherever possible
- Final amount approved is at the discretion of the Guild Executive Council, according to the provisions and criteria outlined within the Curtin Student Guild Rules - L0906 and L0907.
- Goods and services should not be purchased prior to applying for sponsorship, as grant approval is not guaranteed. Should your grant application be rejected, you will not be reimbursed for your expenses if you have ignored this advice and already made your purchase. The Guild makes no guarantee that your grant application will be approved, and reserves the right to deny club applications at the discretion of the Guild Executive Committee. Please also note that, legally, your committee members are personally financially liable to pay for any invoice/s you have had issued to your club, regardless of grant outcome. This reiterates the importance of applying for your grant, and awaiting approval, prior to spending money or signing agreements.
- First-year clubs have a two month waiting period before they can apply for this grant.
- In order to be eligible for this grant, club membership base must demonstrate that at least 51% of members are Guild members. This must be evidenced within an up-to-date membership list. The membership list must show, for each member of the club, the following information (at a minimum):
- Full name
- Student number
- Email address
- All applications for funding must be submitted before the end of the calendar year of the year of registration (December 31st), after which time that year's grant allowance expires. Grants cannot be applied for retrospectively, and will not be back-dated.
- Guild sponsorship cannot be used to pay for alcohol in any capacity.
- Each separate funding request requires the submission of a new completed application form (i.e. one application per event/project).
- All associated promotional materials are required to include a reasonably sized Guild logo.
- In the case of events, Guild members must be offered tickets at 10% less than non-Guild members.
- Receipt/s must be kept on file and be readily available at the request of the Clubs Officer during audits that are conducted once per semester. The receipt/s should match the approximate amount and description of goods originally requested within the sponsorship application. Should receipts not be provided upon request, you will be required to return the grant money to the Guild.
The following expenses are ineligible for direct club sponsorship funding from the Guild:
- Political events, campaigns or messaging
- Conference attendance
- Accommodation costs or flights
- Gifts and donations (i.e. to sponsors, presenters, etc.)
- Camps or retreats
- Sundry / incidental expenses (stationery supplies)
- Catering costs for small events or meetings (30 people or less)
Should you have a club expense or requirement that does not qualify for direct club sponsorship, please contact the Clubs Officer for alternative fundraising advice, via firstname.lastname@example.org.