For media enquiries, please contact email@example.comMore News
At 6pm on Thursday, 9 May, Curtin students will have the opportunity to engage with local candidates to ask questions and gain the insight into the values, policies, and reforms pitched by the parties in this year’s election.
The Swan electorate candidates that will be present include:
• Hannah Beazley (WA Labor)
• Liberty Cramer (Greens WA)
• Peter McLernon (United Australia Party)
“We urge all students to attend the forum to help make an informed decision this election. This is your chance find out what these candidates have to offer students and what their key priorities are,” said Finlay Nolan, Curtin Guild President.
Ms Nolan said that Liberal candidates were contacted but turned down the offer to take part.
The Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) has revealed nearly 90 per cent of Australia’s youth are enrolled to vote in 2019 federal election.
The Guild’s “We Will Not Be Left Behind” campaign has been promoting a number of student demands since the election announcement. These include the following:
• Urgent action on climate change
• A National Taskforce to eradicate sexual assault and harassment on university campuses
• More funding and support for student and youth welfare
• A fully funded, equitable and accessible education system
Details of Candidates Forum:
When: 6:00pm arrival for 6:30pm start
Where: Building 401, Room 001
When: Thursday, May 9th, 2019